We are so excited that your college student is interested in participating as a study abroad intern with a Globalscope ministry. Here is some information that will be helpful to you as you discuss this opportunity with your son or daughter.
- Globalscope is a division of CMF International, a well-respected missions agency that has 186 team members in 27 countries around the world. Our home offices are located in Indianapolis, Ind.
- Our Globalscope campus ministries are located in the following countries: Mexico, Chile, Spain, England, Scotland, Thailand, Germany, Uruguay and Australia. Your college student can choose one of these locations for their study abroad internship.
- Their service with Globalscope comes second to their studies, and we do our best to balance their schedule so that they have plenty of time to study and do well in school.
- Your student will have an opportunity to impact university students for a semester or more, while at the same time receiving university credit, experiencing a new culture, and possibly a new language. Study abroad interns are an extremely important part of the effective work of our campus ministries abroad. They are more likely to be on campus, in classes, on intramural teams and in the dorms with the university students and are able to make friends with ease. Their service roles at the ministry could range from cooking and cleaning for events to participating in skits and leading worship. An intern’s biggest responsibility will be to make friends and invite them to visit and join the campus ministry community.
- There is a permanent team of CMF personnel already in place at the ministry where your student will participate. Many of our team members have been in the country for several years. They are well-acquainted with the area, the culture, and the environment where your student will live and study. They are well-versed in handling emergencies and they are able to communicate in the local language.
- Every intern is required to have a cell phone during his time overseas so that the team can reach him or her when necessary. We are committed to ensuring the safety of your student, and will work hard to make sure they have the knowledge necessary to thrive in another country.
- The cost of your college student’s semester overseas will be determined by his or her university program in that country. The only fee associated with our program is a $200 deposit. Students are allowed to raise support money through our parent missionary organization, CMF International, to help with the costs of their semester.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CMF office at 317.578.2700.