A. Yes! When you click on a “give” link or start a financial transaction, you are taken to a secure portion of our website, encrypted with current ssl certificates. We do monthly tests to ensure security. You can verify the security of our website by looking at the url line in your browser: “https” and the lock icon indicate it is a secure site. You may see a little yellow triangle over the lock icon. This simply means that not ALL portions of our site are secure, which is a common practice. But, rest assured, all data that is transmitted is encrypted and secure. As an added precaution, we do not store credit card information at CMF and that information cannot be accessed through our site.
A. Here are three other ways to give to CMF:
1. Send a check. Your check should be made out to CMF International. Please enclose a note with the team member’s name, sponsored child’s ID #, project name, or other information concerning your contribution.
Please mail to:
PO Box 501020
Indianapolis, IN 46250
2. Use your bank’s Bill Pay feature.
You can send a contribution as often as you would like using your financial institution’s on-line “bill pay” feature. Indicate that the payee or vendor is CMF International, PO Box 501020, Indianapolis, IN 46250. When prompted for your account number, enter your donor number. If you have not given to CMF before, enter your name for the account number.
3. Sign up for electronic withdrawal.
Fill out this form. If you have difficulty with this the form, contact us at 317.578.2700.
A: Yes! CMF is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization following IRS guidelines. All contributions given for ministry are tax deductible. You will receive a receipt for your contribution, which will include your donor number, an accounting of your current gift, and a return coupon as a reminder for future gifts. Receipts are mailed as gifts are received. CMF is also a member in good standing with the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (www.ecfa.org).
A: Yes! You can support CMF by shopping at Amazon and Kroger. Here’s how:
Shop with Amazon Smile
Next time you shop at Amazon please consider using AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com). List Christian Missionary Fellowship (make sure to select the one in Indianapolis) and 0.5 percent of the sale will go back to CMF. You’re still shopping at Amazon and Prime still counts as well. Just make sure and start at https://smile.amazon.com/.
Shop with Kroger
If you register your Kroger Plus card, you can choose for CMF to receive a percentage of your spending.
To use the Kroger community rewards program:
1. Register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
2. Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with CMF after you sign up. If you do not yet have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
3. Click on Sign In/Register
4. If you are a new online customer, click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
5. Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions.
6. You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
7. Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
8. Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
9. Update or confirm your information.
10. Enter CMF’s NPO number 58697 or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
11. To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see CMF’s name on the right side of your information page.
12. Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
13. You must swipe your registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to your registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
A: One of the most satisfactory ways for a donor to give a gift to CMF is to use appreciated stock. Giving stocks, bonds, and mutual fund shares that have increased in value (and which the donor has owned for more than one year) provides greater tax benefits to the donor than giving cash. Not only can the donor deduct the full market value of the securities, but he can also avoid paying capital gains tax on the appreciation. Contact us or call 317.578.2700.
A: CMF partners with iDonate to make it easy for you to support our work in ways other than cash donations. When you give non-cash gifts, CMF partner iDonate sells your items and sends CMF the proceeds.
They will gladly accept these items: passenger vehicles; latest-model smartphones; groups of 20+ cell phones; precious metal bullion; grain commodities; gold jewelry; and gift cards (minimum balance of $15; must be an accepted company).
They typically accept these items: small, light, recent-model electronics; motorcycles; and large quantities of business inventory overstock.
These items are accepted on case-by-case basis: boats, RVs, ATVs and other recreational vehicles and other donations with actual resale values of $250+.
They do NOT accept: pianos (and most other musical instruments); furniture; exercise equipment; home appliances; large electronics (including most printers, scanners, desktop computers, monitors, Windows XP laptops, VCRs and TVs); outdated medical equipment and used electric wheelchairs; timeshares and cemetery plots; firearms (iDonate Foundation cannot take ownership for legal reasons; however, they are happy to provide referrals to sellers.); anything you would see in a thrift store (i.e. books, apparel, housewares) or anything that may be considered objectionable in the discretion of iDonate Foundation (including pornographic or illegal items).
Click here to give a non-cash gift.
A. CMF personnel work to develop relationships with supporting partners, both individuals and churches. The prayers, concern, and encouragement of churches and individuals, along with financial gifts, help to make their service possible. Over the years, CMF has also developed other avenues for funding our work, such as foundations, estates, corporate matching, etc. We thank God for His blessings on us as we strive to be faithful stewards of all funds that are received.
A. The team member will receive the ministry benefit of $100 from your gift, but he will not receive $100 in cash, because the funds are disbursed to meet his or her needs. Some of the money goes to the field for work funds; some is deposited as salary into his or her personal bank account; other portions go into medical insurance, retirement funds, furlough travel reserves, prayer newsletters, receipting and accounting funds, recruiting, reporting, etc. CMF is a team ministry. Each person chooses to be a part of a team so that certain responsibilities can be handled by other team members, freeing him or her to give full energy to the work he or she has been called to do.
A. Each CMF team member who commits to long-term service has the option of enrolling in our retirement program. CMF budgets a team member’s funds so that deposits to the plan are made on a monthly basis.
A. Our team members are covered by major health insurance, funded through their budgets. We also have a fund to help our retired team members with their medical needs.
A. CMF International is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a charitable organization, allowing gifts to CMF to be tax deductible. Contributions must be made out to CMF to allow for accurate tax documentation. As part of the team, the CMF office in Indianapolis receives and receipts funds, and provides financial management and reporting that conforms to the current accounting and government standards. Designation forms are provided to help us see that your gift goes to the partner you are supporting.
A: The designations you make in your will speak volumes about your life. Consider leaving a percentage of your estate to CMF International as a clear expression of your priorities and to make an impact for eternity in Christ’s world mission. For more information, including how to design a legacy plan through our partnership with Financial Planning Ministry (FPM), email or call 317.578.2700.