Ministry in a country that is currently at war is challenging on many fronts: living conditions that are extremely difficult, unfriendly weather, and a population that is 99.85 percent Muslim. However, CMF team members who have a heart for the poor and downtrodden people of this country, and who previously lived and served there, continue to work in partnership with several well-established NGOs (Non-Government Organizations) to provide emergency assistance and ongoing relief.
This ministry encourages development through education, health and economic initiatives aimed at changing the daily existence of people in need and providing hope for their futures.
Here are some of the specific areas where the CMF marketplace workers minister in Central Asia:
- Provide supplies for poor families and refugees in displaced persons’ camps.
- Teach skills and provide assistance for women to open microbusinesses to provide for their families.
- Teach skills to men so they can provide for their families.
- Remain engaged with nationals via phone, Skype and texting.
- Provide media services as needed.