La Ruta in Uruguay: ‘Witness to shimmering, iridescent transformation!’
Abigail goes on to list all the great things she sees that are happening at the La Ruta ministry to university students in Montevideo, Uruguay:
- So many students are asking me questions about God.
- Our team is so healthy and functional.
- We have eight students who want to work in one of our ministries.
- Our campus house is full of students every day of the week!
- Our Merienda event conversations about faith have been so good that we had to start another event to continue talking.
- So many students actually believe that God has relevance in their lives and are making changes because of it!
“I feel a little guilty and ashamed because I wonder if my surprise and awe betrays a lack of faith on my part,” said Abigail. “But then I remember how impossible this all is.
“We are all committed to an aspirational, almost impossible mission,” she added. “We’re trying to bring light and love and truth and God to a selfish, scared, blind world. It makes sense that we would feel doubtful and just a little shocked that it seems to be actually working!
“Thank you for praying with me,” she said. “I’m beyond lucky to witness the shimmering, iridescent transformation taking place here. I wish you all could see it firsthand!”