The Globalscope El Oasis campus ministry is located near the heart of downtown Santiago, the capital city of Chile. Santiago is home to about 6 million people; 350,000 college students attend its more than 30 universities. Chile is the most evangelical nation in Latin America, but as with the majority of college students around the globe, most have a nominal faith, at best.
The Globalscope Chile team’s goal is to make El Oasis “the place to be” for college students almost any day of the week. The ministry seeks to touch the students’ lives both physically and spiritually. Campus ministers, teamed with interns and US exchange students, host a variety of activities designed to promote community and an introduction to Jesus Christ.
Here a few of the ways the team ministers to college students in Santiago:
- Lead a Thursday night Bible study.
- Plan, promote and lead worship services.
- Offer opportunities for prayer support.
- Plan enjoyable fellowship activities, such as karaoke night.
- Provide opportunities for service projects.
- Engage in discipleship and leadership development activities.